Celebration of Ann Joergenson's Life

For the friends and family of Ann Joergenson who would like to help celebrate her life by sharing comments, photos, or anecdotes about Ann's vibrant, loving spirit, please feel free to make comments or post to this blog. Please e-mail items (such as photos) to be posted to joergo@sbcglobal.net. Otherwise, you can post written comments directly by clicking the "comments" link beneath one of the photos below.

These posts are meant to be compiled and published for her friends and family.

The Celebration of Ann will be held in the evening on January 23rd. Contact the family for Details

The Ann Joergenson Memorial Fund at Exchange Bank will accept donations that will be used to rebuild a deteriorating outdoor deck at the home of her developmentally disabled daughter, Kari Olson, and her 5 other disabled housemates. Any monies in remain will be donated to Becoming Independent, a non-profit organization dedicated to promoting community inclusion and participation for people with developmental disabilities.

Donations can be made out to The Ann Joergenson Memorial Fund and dropped off at any Exchange Bank or mailed to:
Exchange Bank
2416 Montgomery Drive
Santa Rosa, CA 95405
Tal: 707 524-3305

Please contact the family regarding details of a celebration for Ann. Travelers coming from out of town can find accomodations among other places at:

Vineyard Creek Hyatt
170 Railroad Street
Santa Rosa, CA 95401
(707) 284-1234

Please contact the family with any questions or comments.

Saturday, January 30, 2010




7 comments:

  1. Those sun glasses! She has always worn some version of them. Since 6th grade, every time I spotted someone wearing a like pair, I thought," those remind me of Ann!" and they always will...I can hear her laughing with them on as I write this. :)

    Peace Ann
    Love, Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erika and family I am so very sorry for the loss of a woman like your mom. I have fond childhood memories of all of us and know that my prayer's are with you all. Please find me on facebook.

    BIG HUGGS! Kathleen Waltenspiel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michael and Kirsten WagnerJanuary 16, 2010 at 12:01 PM

    Erika and Family,

    Kirsten and I remember our not frequent enough trips to the City, Museums and Erika, with Ann in the back seat. She was a delight to know and grabbed every opportunity to spend time with her constantly traveling daughter. It was during those visits that Ann and Erika often spoke of the joy and adventure in their travels together.

    It is especially comforting to know that Ann had someone from her family, by her side, caring for her, in her last weeks. We are convinced that Ann knew they were all there.

    We will miss you Ann,


    Michael and Kirsten

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dearest Erika and Family,

    I did not have the please of knowing Ann but from the comments, I know I really missed out. But I have had the pleasure of knowing Erika who has been a wonderful boss and friend to me over these last 5 years. When I lost my son in 2006, she was so supportive and knew just the right words to say. I cannot thank her enough. My hope now is that I can do the same for her because I know what a tremendous loss this is for her. She often talked of her Mom and their wonderful trips together and I am so glad she has all those wonderul memories as they will help sustain her through the coming months.
    Wishing you peace and comfort,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always felt the warmest welcome and huge smile when I saw her.
    Even though it has been years since I have seen Ann, these pix, with that big smile are exactly as i remember her and will be my memory of her forever!
    I know people say this all the time, but i truly mean it with Ann, with her passing, there is really something missing from our world that made it a better place.

    Jerry

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ann and I toured all of the museums of London together, though it wasn't as romantic as it sounds. Although Erika and I were high school classmates and good friends, it was Ann and me in the same program for a semester abroad in London in 1988. During those three months I was fortunate to really get to know Ann, who alternated between good friend, fellow prankster, enlightened advisor, and chastising mother ("Ian, just because the drinking age is 18 here doesn't mean you have to go out EVERY night.") In short, Ann was everything we all love about her.

    I am grateful that Ann shared part of this journey with me, not only in London but in all the years thereafter. She was one of the most positive spirits I have ever known, and like everyone, I will miss her but I will never forget her.

    Ian

    ReplyDelete